Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham, Lancaster
Hours: 15 hrs per week / Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm / Term Time
Contract: Part Time / Permanent
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team at Crookhey Hall School based in Cockerham, Nr Lancaster.
About the School
Crookhey Hall School is a Social. Emotional & Mental Health (SEBD) School which caters for boys and girls aged 10 - 17 years of age. We provide young people with an educational experience that will not only extend their academic and vocational social skills and abilities, but will also promote personal growth and help to build self-esteem. In this way it is hoped that each individual will aspire to achieve their full potential, eventually leaving school with the determination to make a positive contribution to society in the years to come.
Crookhey Hall School has a 15 acre setting in countryside south of Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education group.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
We are looking for a kitchen assistant to assist with general food preparation. The kitchen assistant will be responsible for helping to prepare and deliver lunches with serving, before helping clean up and tidy away all the equipment.
This role is a term-time only (39weeks) 9.30am-12.30pm (15 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
Who are we looking for?
- To assist the cook in general food preparation
- To help to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in all catering and dining areas
- To serve pupils lunch ensuring that all food safety regulations are met
- To clean preparation equipment, areas and utensils to a high standard in a speedy manner
- To ensure that all equipment and materials are used in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines
- To ensure that company equipment is kept in good order and propose solutions to repair any faulty tools or equipment to the appropriate manager.
- Undertake other duties as requested by your line manager in line with the execution of your role
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Experience of working in a catering environment would be preferable
- A clean and efficient approach to work
- Ability to work under own initiative on occasion.
Why work for us
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.