Be the Grounds Maintenance Worker you’ve always wanted to be.
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance Worker to join our close-knit team at The Grange Therapeutic School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you.
About the School
The Grange is an 8-18 mixed gender SEMH SEN school on the Rutland / Leicestershire border with a strong emphasis on the care and welfare of its pupils. The school has a varied curriculum designed to meet the needs of the pupils, many of whom have secondary needs of ASD and ADHD. This curriculum includes GCSEs, BTECs and Entry Level qualifications as well as a full vocational programme. At the last Ofsted the school was rated “Good” overall with “Outstanding” ratings for behaviour / welfare and leadership / management.
About the Role
Joining our team of dedicated staff, you will pro-actively keep the school’s estate at a high state of repair and maintain the 22 acres of grounds, directed by the Estates Manager.
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance Worker who will be able to maintain school grounds and assist as required in maintain buildings to high standards and provide the school with a safe environment for all people – pupils, staff, visitors and contractors.
No two days are the same at The Grange so we want staff who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with special needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. Whilst previous experience of working in within a SEN environment would be desirable, the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
We offer a competitive salary including Staff Pension Scheme, a fantastic working environment and very supportive staff group.
- Ensure reactive grounds maintenance is dealt with in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure pro-active grounds maintenance is carried out on a daily basis
- Assist as required in adhoc building related repairs
- Help to supervise major schemes of work carried out by external contractors
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all on site at all times by helping to manage the School’s Health and Safety procedures including the reporting of incidents as appropriate
- Help to prepare work schedules covering school holidays
- Report damage to the Estates Manager
- To carry out any relative works that the Estate Manager deems appropriate.
- Good inter-personal skills to maintain good relationships with School staff, Care staff and local residents
- Driving Licence
- Grounds maintenance experience
- Experience of working within an educational setting.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.