If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Well-being Services Co-ordinator to join our team. Someone who is committed to the Safeguarding and care of our young people with the energy to inspire others would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Belmont Primary is an independent specialist day school for boys aged from 5 to 11, catering for children with a wide range of behavioural, social and emotional needs in Rawtenstall. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children and young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The Wellbeing Services Co-Ordinator (WSC) is a specialised operational management role and may cover multiple sites in a geographical operating region across fostering, care and education.
The key objectives for the WSC are:
- Co-ordinating (and delivering) wellbeing services for young people and trauma informed practice training at the appropriate level for all staff across the three divisions.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring specialist & targeted services / assessments for young people across the three divisions.
- Co-ordinating therapeutically led consultation by appropriate qualified professionals, to care, fostering and education teams to embed and develop trauma informed practice and positive behaviour support approaches.
- Management of budget, in liaison with the National Wellbeing Manager, related to wellbeing services to ensure best value in terms of impact / outcomes for young people.
The WSC’s will help ensure that young peoples stated needs on their Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s) and LAC Care Plans are being met and delivered across the three divisions.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children and young people and an understanding of how to manage challenging behaviour. You will have a depth of knowledge in all matters relating to safeguarding and legislation relevant to the setting. The ability to lead and manage strategically is essential. You will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work sensitively with people and resolve conflict.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please complete the application form in full including your employment history with no gaps in employment, from the age of sixteen onwards