Art and Design Teacher
Salary: £24,000 to £35,000
Location: Oak Tree School
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Art and Design Teacher to join our outstanding team at Oak Tree School. Someone who takes a more creative approach to teaching would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 65 children and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These children and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all students in consultation with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and HOF
- To teach Art and Design to groups of students from all abilities across ages 7 - 16 according to their educational needs and levels of ability, to include GCSE provision
- In consultation with the Headteacher/SLT undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
- Contribute to a lively and stimulating environment within the Art and Design department
- To secure, in collaboration with the SLT and HOF, high standards of teaching and learning in Art and Design
- To evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning in Art and Design and progress towards meeting agreed targets across the school relentlessly focusing on the improving of teaching and learning
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals onsite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everyone in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates and, gaps in employment accounted for.