We are seeking 2 school cleaners to join our outstanding team.
Hours: 16 per week. Monday - Thursday 2.45pm - 6pm, Friday 2.30pm - 6pm (plus 15 days in school holidays)
Salary: £7,106.00 per annum (£9.50 per hour)
About the school
Oak Tree School is a Special Educational Needs School positioned near the City of Truro in Cornwall. We provide full-time specialist co-education for students aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. We invest in the best resources to enhance the schools learning environment and ensure to provide a safe, nurturing setting for our children and young people.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of the job:
The School Cleaner will perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by the Headteacher
· To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of: - cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
· Empty waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste materials to designated collection points
· To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
· To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks, showers
· Vacuum rugs and carpets and remove stains using brushes and cleaners
Why work for us
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
· Social activities
· "Your Wellbeing Matters"
· Employee Rewards Hub
· Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
· Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer