Be the Teacher you’ve always wanted to be.
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teacher to join our close-knit team at Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham Nr Lancaster. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a school that will welcome your ideas and aim to re-engage the young people we teach, we would like to hear from you.
About the School
Crookhey Hall School is a Social. Emotional & Mental Health (SEBD) School which caters for boys and girls aged 10 - 17 years of age.We provide young people with an educational experience that will not only extend their academic and vocational social skills and abilities, but will also promote personal growth and help to build self-esteem. In this way it is hoped that each individual will aspire to achieve their full potential, eventually leaving school with the determination to make a positive contribution to society in the years to come.
Crookhey Hall School has a 15 acre setting in countryside south of Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of the young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
Joining our team of dedicated teachers, you will be responsible for providing high quality teaching of a range of subjects, to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum. The teachers at Crookhey Hall are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
The ideal candidate will successfully set targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress. Teachers at Crookhey Hall give regular feedback and encourage our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubled learners.
No two days are the same at Crookhey Hall so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will be resilient, have a calm and engaging demeanour and enjoy working with children.
Whilst previous experience of working in within a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils learning to inform further planning.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Ability to use ICT effectively for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.