Health and Therapy Assistant
Salary: £19,556.00 starting salary
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: ` 40 hours per week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Health and Therapy Assistant to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCP/statement of special educational needs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
We are looking for a Health and Therapy Assistant who will undertake a range of duties relating to the medical and therapeutic needs of the children and young people at Underley Garden as directed and supervised by registered health professionals.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes.
You will be a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives.
- Relevant healthcare experience
- Good observation and communication skills
- Ability and experience in undertaking personal and intimate care
- Excellent computer skills
- Compassionate - Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with children and young people, other staff and relatives remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging situations in a calm and professional manner
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and young people
- Commitment to driving and transporting pupils in school vehicles.
- Held a full UK Driving Licence for over 2 years.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals whilst on shift
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Gym membership
- School campsite
- Employee Rewards Hub
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.