Job Title: Adult Night Support Worker
Salary: £18,486 - £19,850
Location: Acorn Park School, Norfolk
Hours: 42 on Average (7.45pm- 8am) on a two week rota
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of adults, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Adult Night Support Worker to join our team at Acorn Park based in Banham, Norfolk. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home. We help care for and support young people and adults who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The Site is situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each adults potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the adults with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
Do you want to start a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to Adults and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Yes? - We want you!
Don’t worry about having much experience, we will train, support and promote you, to ensure you have an amazing career. All you need is the drive to make a difference.
We want the Adults to retain as much responsibility over their lives as possible and develop over time. Therefore, you will spend your time assisting the adults with their night and morning routine and if required, during the night. A main responsibility of the role is safeguarding the adults in their homes and ensuring the physical, emotional and personal care needs are met.
This role however, does come with some potential challenges such as long hours, behaviour management and ensuring the personal care of each adult is upheld.
Who are we looking for?
Acorn Park wants a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to adults lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
We need someone who can be a role model, work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
- Safeguard all adults in the estate and support them with their individual needs
- Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of adult
- Integrate into the supportive team
- Liaise with parents, teachers and other professionals with the best interests of the Adult in mind
- Work within the agreed care plans
· To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each Adult and support them with personal care needs
- You must be available to work the shifts required
- You must have a level of fitness which will allow you to handle certain challenges you may face with the adults
- You must have the desire to complete a funded NVQ 3 at Acorn Park
- You must understand some of the difficulties that adults on the Autistic Spectrum may present
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of adults and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- Potential overtime
- Funded NVQ
· “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.