Job Title: Property Maintenance Apprentice
Location: Oak Tree School, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9NH
Salary: £12,000 per annum
We are excited to launch the ‘Positive Outcomes’ apprenticeship programme, the programme is fantastic opportunity for care leavers to begin their career journey with the National Fostering Agency Group (NFA Group).
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to become a Property Maintenance Apprentice and join the Oak Tree School team.
If you want to join a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
The NFA Group are the UK’s largest, independent children services provider of foster care, special needs education and residential care. The Acorn Care and Education Group are part of the NFA Group and provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the school!
Oak Tree School is a Special Educational Needs School positioned near the City of Truro in Cornwall. We provide full-time specialist co-education for students aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. We invest in the best resources to enhance the schools learning environment and ensure to provide a safe, nurturing setting for our children and young people.
What will your role be?
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity for anyone who wishes to have a career in maintenance and work towards a Property Maintenance qualification. You will support the team by:
- Undertaking general maintenance duties and risk assessments across the schools site
- Carry out security checks for school buildings and grounds eg. Check doors, windows, fire exits, alarms and fire equipment.
- Regularly check and maintain heating systems and report any issues to Headteacher/Facilities Manager
- Help to move school items such as furniture and deliveries
- Support and secure premises when emergencies occur eg. Spillages, leaks, floods, fires, electrical and gas issues and ensure easy access for emergency services.
- Carry out minor repairs and order in the materials required
- Maintain the grounds safety by regularly checking and repairing fences, steps, walls and lights.
- Ensure the site is a safe and well maintained environment for pupils, employees and visitors
- At all times and on all occasions to promote and comply with the Schools commitment to the Safeguarding of the vulnerable young people in our care.
What do you need?
- Desire to learn
- Be hands on!
- Passion and Ambition
- Be open and honest
- Dream big
What do we offer?
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer