Job Title: Apprentice School Administrator
Location: Acorn Park School, Mill Road, Banham, Norwich, NR16 2HU
Salary: £12,000 per annum
We are excited to launch the ‘Positive Outcomes’ apprenticeship programme, the programme is fantastic opportunity for care leavers to begin their career journey with the National Fostering Agency Group (NFA Group).
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to become an Apprentice School Administrator and join The Acorn Park School team.
If you want to join a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
The NFA Group are the UK’s largest, independent children services provider of foster care, special needs education and residential care. The Acorn Care and Education Group are part of the NFA Group and provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the school!
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home. We help care for and support young people who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The site is situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Our aim is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
What will your role be?
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity for anyone who wishes to have a career in Administration and work towards a Business Administration qualification. You will support the team by:
- Plan, organise and provide efficient administrative support to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team at the school.
- Support in the recruitment of staff including safeguarding and security checks
- Being a first point of contact for parents and visitors
- Maintain electronic personnel records ensuring accurate data entry
- Update and maintain the staff training matrix
- Help arrange and set up meetings
- Assist in the organisation and printing of the student magazine
- Support in responding to enquires through email, telephone and letters
- Manage the schools website
- Help deal with HR administration and communicate with the head office HR team
- To ensure high levels of confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive material and information
What do you need?
- Desire to learn
- Organizational skills
- Passion and Ambition
- Be open and honest
- Dream big
What do we offer?
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.