Location: Oak Tree School, Truro, Cornwall
Hours: 2.45pm - 6pm Monday - Thursday and 2.30pm - 6pm Fridays (plus 15 days in the school holidays)
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
About the School
Oak Tree School provides full-time specialist co-education for students aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of the job:
The School cleaner will perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by the Headteacher.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of: - cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
- Empty waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste materials to designated collection points
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- To undertake wall washing/painting and inside window pane cleaning
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks, showers
- Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the school and for maintaining high and consistent standards
- Be responsible for the washing and drying of equipment (such as towels, tea towels)
- Be responsible for the organisation of student kit (swimming costumes, lost property)
- Vacuum rugs and carpets and remove stains using brushes and cleaners
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.