ASC Teacher (KS3/KS4)
Salary: up to £30,000
Location: Longdon Hall School, Longdon Green, Nr Lichfield
HOURS: Full time, term time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an ASC Teacher to join our close-knit team at Longdon Hall School, Lichfield. Someone who takes a more creative approach to teaching and leadership would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Longdon Hall School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 7 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of social, emotional and mental health needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, passionate and committed ASC Teacher to join our educational team and to help deliver an outstanding curriculum, motivate the pupils and achieve positive outcomes for our young people.
- To play a key role in the development of ASC provision within Longdon Hall School.
- To work with schools, parents, key agencies and the young people with ASC to ensure effective and successful inclusion of pupils with an additional diagnosis of ASC within Longdon Hall School.
- To support the development of learning styles and appropriate teaching approaches, behaviour management, classroom strategies, resources and whole school policies for children with complex needs and diagnoses within LHS.
- To initiate and model autism specific teaching strategies for Teachers/Teaching Assistants in conjunction with Longdon Hall School’s therapy team, relating to individual pupils within the classroom and whole school
- To enable access to learning and social opportunities for pupils with ASD through the delivery of teaching, support, families and the young person with ASD.
- To work with Key partners in Longdon Hall School’s therapy service (Speech and Language Service, Psychotherapy and Educational Psychology) in order to deliver and implement a multi-disciplinary approach to support individualised packages for young people with ASC.
- To keep up-to-date with current research and good practise on ASC ensuring LHS are working towards national autism standards
- To support the SLT and therapy team in the continued successful development of supporting young people with complex diagnoses such as ASC / Attachment Disorder within an ESBD environment.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people with a range of complex learning needs. You will be able to demonstrate a working understanding of how these needs impact upon learning and behaviour in the classroom. You may have specialist knowledge and experience of working with autistic spectrum disorder or children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Or you may have experience of working across both specialisms.
As ASC Teacher, you will promote a relentless focus on the quality of education and delivery of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of children and young people and produces positive outcomes.
Who we are looking for
We are looking to hear from dynamic and passionate individuals with experience of working with young people with a range of complex learning needs. We are looking for someone who knows how to bring a creative and innovative approach to improving performance and support for our pupils and their families.
An excellent communicator, you will act as an ambassador for Longdon Hall School. If you are a truly inspirational, highly motivated and forward-thinking teacher, with the energy and passion to change lives coupled with proven experience of whole school development and improvement, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
In return for your experience and commitment we offer outstanding career opportunities, access to a network of great senior colleagues within the Acorn Care and Education Group and the chance to shape the future and ongoing development of the school.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
- Must be of Qualified Teacher Status
- First Degree or equivalent
- Must have experience in Key Stage 2 to 4
- Resilience and Leadership
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the National curriculum
- Experience with working with and teaching children with complex need
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals onsite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.