Residential Head of Care
Hours: Term time (39 weeks), 42.5 hours per week. Not split shifts.
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 depending upon experience
About the School
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 7 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The school is 38 week, term time only and has 16 residential places out of a total capacity of 85. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals. The school has two residential houses in the village with experienced, hardworking and skilled staff. At the last Ofsted inspection care was assessed as “good” with the impact of leaders rated “outstanding”.
About the Group
This is your chance to join a high achieving team at Acorn Care and Education, part of the National Fostering Agency Group, we provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The purpose of the role is:-
- To ensure that the care of the pupils in the residential houses is of the highest stand.
- To manage the care staff team and develop their careers.
- To lead in the management of the ‘care’ provided in the school within legislative and wider group policy requirements.
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team as appropriate to manage and improve the quality of the residential provision.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
We want to hear from people with drive, a willingness to go the extra mile and who are comfortable holding other professionals to account to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Strong organisational skills, team working and a sense of humour are also vital.
Interviews will be held at the beginning of June. Visits are encouraged. Please contact the school for further details and to make arrangements.
The Grange Therapeutic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, the Employer Access online service and social media. Please be advised that references will be sought at the point of shortlisting.