Job Title: Pupil Support Worker - Maternity Cover (up to one year)
Hours: 40 hours per week / term time only
Salary: £16,215 - £17,339.66 pa
We are looking for a Pupil Support Worker to join Bramfield House School in Suffolk on a temporary basis covering Maternity Leave. Standing in magnificent grounds the school gives pupils extraordinary educational opportunities through its innovative, successful teaching approach inside and outside the classroom. We are an independent day and residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
The Pupil Support Worker supports and directs the pupils in domestic routines and works under the direction of the Team Leader to deliver high quality residential care for emotionally vulnerable young people boarding at the school. The pupil support worker is required to undertake support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and assist in the behaviour management of pupils.
The successful candidate will encourage the social, behavioural and emotional development of pupils through positive approaches that enhance appropriate relationships, develop self-esteem and promote life skills. You will be responsible for recording and tracking pupil information and assisting with classroom organisation and display work.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, using a variety of intervention strategies, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and Team Teach guidelines, and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Act as a role model to pupils and set high expectations.
- Oversee the morning routine of residential pupils, ensuring they are prepared for the school day.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.
The NFA Group / Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable people in our care. Successful applicants to appropriate roles will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.