As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a part time Domestic to join our close-knit team at Bramfield House School in Halesworth, Suffolk to cover a period of Maternity Leave; working 7.5 hours per week on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during term time. The proposed start date for this position is: 02/09/2019.
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
We need highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of Post
To work as part of our ‘one team’ to assist in the everyday education and care of young people.
The post holder will:
- Offer a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work on your own initiative (unsupervised), as well as part of a Team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness required throughout the school.
- Be able to use domestic and professional cleaning equipment; powered floor polisher, vacuum cleaners etc.
- Strip and make beds, cleaning of rooms as needed; toilets, showers, stairways, lobbies, windows, paintwork, corridors, outside steps and remove all litter and waste to outside bins.
- Be responsible at all times for your own and others Health and Safety.
- 7.5 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday) / term time + one week
- Maternity Cover of up to one year
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.