Job Title: Senior Adult Night Care Worker
Location: The Shires
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of adults, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Senior Night Adult Care worker to join our team at The Shires based in Colsterworth. Someone who is motivated by helping other, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
The Shires consists of three sites all within a 15 minute drive of one another. We have two Special Educational Needs (SEN) Schools and 3 Residential homes. We help care for and support 33 young people aged 11-19 who have been diagnosed with Autism and may have accompanying learning disabilities, behavioural problems or medical conditions.
The ethos of The Shires is very much characterised by a ‘can do’ attitude. We want people who focus on the positive outcome of our children and take responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to Adults and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Yes? - We want you!
The Shires currently has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced support worker with an NVQ3 in residential care and with recent experience of working within a similar setting.
We want each person at The Shires to achieve their own ambitions, live fulfilling and productive lives and be an active part of the community. Therefore, you will be required to work from 20.45 – 8.45 on a four on, four off rota.
During these hours you will be required to lead a team, assisting with any problems or personal care needs the adults have. You would keep reports, make sure the adults are safe and secure and assist with cleaning the home.
We also need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
You must have a NVQ 3 in Health and social care and have recent experience working with Special Education Needs adults.
- Safeguard all adults within the home and support them with their individual needs
- Attend to all the personal, physical and mental needs of the adults
- Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
- Help integrate the adults into the community and promote independence
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of each adult
- Integrate into the supportive team
- Liaise with other staff with the best interests of the adults in mind
- Be prepared in the case of a fire and act appropriately
- Lead a team on shift
- Be computer literate and to show good levels of competence in using Windows, Word and Excel
- Experience working with SEN adults.
- NVQ 3 / Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of regulations and standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work accurately and to deadlines
- Have an understanding of autism
- Is a competent shift leader
- Display a commitment to promoting the safeguarding and well-being of residents
- You must be available to work the shifts required
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of adults and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- Staff meals
- Potential overtime
- Free meals, Parking and Uniform
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.