Hillcrest Ash House is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health needs. The 3 bed residential home, set in a rural location in Wolverhampton, offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. Hillcrest Ash House is within commutable distance from Walsall, Telford, Shrewbury, Cannock, Stafford, Birmingham, Kidderminster and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as Team Leader with deputising responsibilities, the position supervises and motivates a team of Support Workers, and takes charge of the home in the absence of the Registered Manager. On a day to basis you will also ensure the highest quality care and support to children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The role will be challenging at times but will always be rewarding, making a real difference to the lives of the young people we support.
This role is offered on a permanent full time basis working 40 hours a week. Staff will also be required to complete regular sleep-in duties on a rota basis therefore flexibility is essential. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience in the sector that would like the chance to support a leading provision where every day will bring a new challenge.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supervising a team of staff and managing the service in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Promoting independence in the home, developing domestic skills and expanding our children’s and young adults personal life skills
- Organising and participating in a variety of on-site and off-site activities
- Leading by example by working with and managing challenging behaviour
- Documenting all children’s activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
Key Skills Required
- Hold the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the job
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for Recruitment for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care are therefore his post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.