Cook – Options Vernon
Salary £19,281.60 - £20,737.60, depending on experience
Options Vernon is a 14 bed residential home for adults with a range of learning disabilities and complex needs. Based in Littlehampton, we are within easy reach of Arundel, Bognor Regis, Goring-By-Sea and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a cook your role will involve preparing and presenting a range of nutritious and varied meals to the residents within our care. Reporting to the Home Manager you will need to ensure that any dietary requirements are met and ensure that meal times are an enjoyable part of each individual’s day. We are looking for a candidate that has previous experience of planning menus and has the confidence to provide varied meals whilst ensuring that budgets are met.
This role is offered on a permanent full time basis working 40 hours per week,.
Following an induction your role will involve:
- Planning and preparing a varied menu to a high standard and taking into account dietary needs
- Setting up and cleaning down the Kitchen before and after day to day use
- Monitoring of stock to include placing food orders and dealing with any enquiries and complaints to suppliers
- Working within COSHH guidelines and ensuring all measures of Health and Safety, Hygiene and Food Hygiene are maintained
- Reporting any equipment or maintenance requirements within the kitchen environment
Key Skills Required
- Hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene in Food Safety or equivalent
- Have previous experience of catering work in a residential setting.
- Confidence to plan a menu with reference to budget control and nutritional requirements.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Hold UK Driving licence.
Apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.