Location: Meadowcroft School (3 sites across Wakefield)
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours a week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Facilities Manager to join our team at Meadowcroft School in Wakefield. Someone who has previous multi-building Facilities Management experience would be perfect for this role.
About the School:
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs in 3 sites across Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role:
The role of the Facilities Manager is required to ensure the best management of all support services across all 3 sites within Wakefield. You will be responsible to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and will report directly to the Principal of Meadowcroft School. The role will contribute to the growth and development of the service and will be accountable for the delivery of a quality, efficient and collaborative support service to the Educational teams.
You will have line management responsibility for delivery of;
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Front of House
- Site Safety and Compliance
- Fleet Management
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for somebody that has great interpersonal skills and able to maintain good relationships with the local community, statutory authorities, contractors and staff members. The successful candidate will be fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office and have an IOSH Managing Safely Qualification.
It would be desirable if you are a member of a relevant professional body or had a NEBOSH qualification.
- To be responsible for the provision of a safe, secure, well presented environment to our children and young people, staff, parents and other stakeholders.
- Undertake the role of Site Safety Coordinator, taking the lead to ensure that all HSE policies and processes remain fully up to date and relevant.
- To be responsible for ensuring operational compliance with all necessary standards and legislation within the facilities teams remit (fire, legionella, asbestos etc)
- To be responsible for the financial performance of the facilities team, including supporting the senior leadership team with budgeting.
- To manage all staff employed within the facilities team.
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Previous multi-building Facilities Management experience.
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification
- Experience of Risk Assessment and Health and Safety Management such as Fire Safety and COSHH regulations
- Knowledge of current building regulations
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Social activities
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
For an informal chat please contact Ann Cleasby on 01924 368257, applications are invited online through our website https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies/
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check