Role: Registered Children’s Home Manager
Salary: £33,000- £34,500 depending on experience with bonus of up to £4,000
Hours: 40 Hours a Week. Mainly Monday-Friday, with flexibility.
Are you passionate about working with children and young people?
Do you want to progress your career in Residential Children’s Care?
Yes? We want you!
About the Home
Pathway Care Residential, has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Children’s Home manager to join one of our three bedded Children's Residential Homes in Mapperley, Nottingham.
Our main aim is to deliver high quality care for young people who have social, emotional and behavioural challenges.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Group
Pathway Care Residential is part of the Outcomes First Group, the UK’s largest independent children services group. Pathway comprises of 19 homes throughout the UK, with new homes opening in 2020!
We deliver high quality, person- focused residential care to young people from the age of eight upwards. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
As a Registered Home Manager you will be responsible for the care of up to four young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, including challenging behaviour who may also have mild-moderate learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will effectively manage the small care team to achieve the best outcomes for our residents, whilst providing a safe and secure environment and maintaining Ofsted and Quality Care Standards.
- Coach and develop the team to maximise their performance and potential and work effectively together to deliver the best outcomes
- Enable the young people to fulfil their potential through structured education, care and wellbeing interventions that are relevant to their needs
- Manage placement plans building relationships and gaining best outcome agreements with local authorities
- Manage the home in line with the allocated budget
- Oversee all referrals and assessments within the home
- Qualified or working towards Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Residential Child Care (England)
- Experience of working with and managing challenging behaviour
- Proven track record of managing people and performance
- Ability to work across and support the management of a 24/7 operation
- Attained Level 3 CCYP
Why work for us?
Be part of the UK’s largest independent children’s services group and receive:
- Career progression opportunities
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Enrich and improve the lives of our young people
- An interesting and varied career
- Sleep ins are paid £40
- Employee Rewards Hub
- 'Your Wellbeing Matters'
- Ofsted Inspection Bonus
- Occupancy Bonus
Pathway Care Residential are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Keywords: support work / care worker / social work / residential care / childcare / support worker / care jobs / care home / childcare worker / manager