Job Title: Assistant Headteacher, Baston House School
Salary: £46,400 – £50,969 depending on experience
Baston House is an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and a diversity of challenging attributes. Baston House School is based in Bromley, Kent.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary & Duties:
As Assistant Headteacher you will help drive the vision, leadership and direction of the institute by supporting the Headteacher in continuing with the development of the school improvement plan. Co-ordinating and ensuring effective delivery of the current curriculum, you will additionally manage EHCP meetings in the absence of the Headteacher, leading and managing student attendance, and punctuality with regular contact with both SEN transport and parents. All staff Baston House School work to enable the students to achieve greater independence, self-advocacy and the confidence they need to pursue a brighter future.
Ideally having already gained experience in a leadership capacity, this role would suit a Senior Teacher who enjoys working as part of a close-knit team where each student is carefully encouraged and supported in managing their own behaviour.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
· Supporting the Headteacher, formulating the aims and objectives of the school
· Establishing and developing school policies
· Leading behaviour management, facilitating and encouraging learning to enable students to achieve high standards
· Carrying our duties as a school teacher, including teaching set classes
· Assisting the Headteacher to lead the SMT, debriefings and staff meetings
Key Skills Required:
- Relevant teaching qualification with proven experience as Senior Teacher
- Have previously held responsibility in a Pastoral capacity
- Leadership skills with previous experience of leading and developing a team
- Proven experience as an outstanding teacher
- Experience of or have an interest in working with children and young people with ASC or similar
Apply online now or call 020 8462 1010 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Baston House School forms part of the Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 4400 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.