Job Title – Science Teacher, Baston House School
Salary - £28,355 - £40,035 per annum
Baston House is an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and a diversity of challenging attributes. Baston House School is based in Bromley, Kent.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As the Science Teacher, your role will involve providing teaching support within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes; planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to children with autism. This role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with students that may be reluctant to engage in lessons due to previous life experiences.
This position is offered on a full time, permanent basis. We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with autism and behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
· Teaching Science to students with a range of abilities
· Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
· Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
· Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
· Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Have a background of teaching Science, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
· Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
· Be experienced working within an educational setting, supporting with autism and challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team 020 8462 1010 for more information
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.