Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As Regional Director your role is to exercise the strategic and operational leadership to ensure the full development of the vision for the Services in the region, and continuous improvement. You will take full responsibility for the operational and financial performance of the Service’s in the region with the support of the Executive Team and key Senior Managers. The successful post holder will have to ensure each service operates in a commercial and cost-effective manner, meeting key financial targets.
This Regional Director position is offered on a full time permanent basis working 40 hours per week. The base of where you would work from is flexible depending on where the post holder lives. As expectation as part of the senior management nature of the work you may be required to be flexible with the hours you work. Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Work to promote the service’s in the region as a valued, professional asset within its community. Ensure that all staff conduct themselves at all times in a manner that reinforces this image
- Exercise the key leadership role for the services in the region on a daily basis and to pursue the development of the agreed strategy for the service
- Utilise personal expertise, experience and contacts to inform the development of the Adult Care and Education strategy.
- Work with the support of the marketing and commercial team and external advisors to enhance the profile and credibility of the service’s, both regionally and nationally, to placing authorities, families, professionals, research and academic bodies and the public
- To ensure that appropriate standards are maintained, especially in relation to care, educational and clinical programmes (service dependent) for the Service Users in their care, in accordance with company policies
Key Skills Required
- Professional Qualification i.e. social worker, RMA, RGN.
- Experience at a Senior Manager level in Adult Care and Autism in a residential or education setting.
- Experience of managing budgets effectively and ensuring cost efficiency.
- Experience of managing staff performance and service improvement programmes.
- Good knowledge of people management practices and safeguarding procedures
- Driver essential and must hold a UK clean driving licence
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.