Bank Support Worker, Adult Autism – The Old Vicarage
Hourly Rate: £8.72 - £9.66 per hour
Options The Old Vicarage is an 8 bedded residential home offering 24 hour support to adults with autism. We are based in in Uxbridge, Middlesex and are within easy commuting distance of Hayes, Slough, Ickenham and Yiewsley.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary & Duties:
As a Bank Support Worker you will provide high quality support to adults with autism and complex needs. Although showing some challenging behaviour, our residents enjoy a multitude of recreational activities therefore this role would suit a proactive and confident individual. This is a great opportunity to join an established team with a passion to support our adults with individually tailored programmes to develop their life skills.
This position is offered on a bank contract where you have the opportunity to choose your hours against our available shifts. These could include both weekends and sleep-in duties.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) or equivalent
- Able to work independently and as part of a close knit team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends and bank holidays
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence and be willing to transport the adults in our company vehicles
Please apply online now or call 01895 454710 for further information.
Please note, if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.