Hillcrest Shifnal School is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent education campus offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boy and girls aged 5-19 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. Shifnal School strives to provide learning experiences and opportunities that will enhance the lives of all the students they educate; with the bespoke and balanced teaching allowing our students the ability to grow into confident and creative individuals. We are within commutable distance of Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties
As Student Support Worker you will provide 1:1 development to a specific pupil’s academic, pastoral and personal needs under the guidelines of the relevant members of staff. The role will support the class teachers in ensuring high quality education is delivered to the student in line with individual tailored education plans. The children’s and young people’s social, emotional and mental health complexities will need to be considered and supported in this role, therefore it important that the student support work provide encouragement and reassurance when necessary.
The role is offered on a full time, temporary basis working 37.5 hours per week term time only. The length of this position will match the funding offered to the specific child. The ideal candidate will be a patient and compassionate individual who has experience working with students in a Specialist Education setting.
After a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting Teachers in the classroom to ensure the highest quality of education is delivered to our pupils
- Providing relevant support to the student to enable them to independently access the national curriculum
- Leading and participating in educational and recreational scheduled activities, on and off site
- Supervising student when necessary (during break/ lunch times)
Managing challenging behaviour and contributing to the safeguarding of our children and young people
Key Skills Required
- Be willing to work towards further qualifications as required
- Experience of supporting children and young people with social, emotional or mental health complexities, either in a residential or educational setting
- Able to deal with challenging and complex behaviours
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment Team on 0330 998 0441 for more information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.