Options Adult Autism Services North provides residential care and education to young people and adults with autism based from various sites across the North Lincolnshire region. We are in easy commute of Winterton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Crowle, Gainsborough, Grimsby & Cleethorpes, Immingham, Killingholme, Hull, Hessle, and surrounding areas.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary & Duties:
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will provide a specialist Occupational Therapy service, undertaking assessments of our adults with diverse presentations to identify their individual sensory, physical, social and environmental needs whilst supporting the development and delivery of individualised intervention programmes to help learning and to enable meaningful engagement in activities, social interaction and relationships. Options Adult Autism Services have sites located in Roxby, Barton upon Humber, Dragonby, Nr Scunthorpe and Broughton.
You will model standards of best practice and the principles of Clinical Governance within your Professional activities:
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as Occupational Therapist would include:
- Provide accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive transition
- Formulate and deliver on individual on Occupational Therapy intervention programmes, using your knowledge of evidence based practice and intervention options and using clinical assessment, reasoning and intervention skills to include motor sensory cognitive/perceptual assessments
- Evaluate client progress, reassess and alter intervention programmes as required
- Represent the occupational therapy service or individual clients at multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the delivery of integrated occupational therapy intervention by discussing client care, progress and involvement in transition planning
Key Skills Required:
- HCPC Registered as a qualified Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working with the specific client group.
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
- Experience of representing occupational therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency treatment and care
Please apply online now or call 01724 733 777 for further information.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your start date.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.