Hillcrest Ash House & The Meadows are two 3 bedded, Ofsted rated Residential Children’s homes supporting children and young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Both are located in rural settings, in Wolverhampton, Ash House & The Meadows provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. The homes are supported by a specialist independent DfE registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. Located in Wolverhampton, the homes are within commutable distance from Walsall, Telford, Cannock, Stafford, Birmingham and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential
Job Summary and Duties:
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of 2 independent, Ofsted registered, 3 bed children’s residential homes. Through an innovative and person-centred approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of Therapeutic care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
- Previous experience in a managerial position within a children’s (SEMH) Ofsted registered residential setting
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
- Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
- Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.