Options Vernon is a 14 bed residential home for adults with a range of learning disabilities and complex needs. Based in Littlehampton, we are within easy reach of Arundel, Bognor Regis, Goring-By-Sea and surrounding towns.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
Joining an experienced and friendly team of Support Workers, your role will involve working at our specialist home to support adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities. Developing independent life skills by assisting with daily routines, accessing day services and participating in social activities; this role would suit a pro-active and passionate individual with a caring nature.
This Support Worker position offered on a permanent basis working a variety of shifts – Full time and Part Time available. This role would either suit a candidate with previous experience or those looking to start their career within the health and social care sector. Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences within the home and helping to support adults access the community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Assisting with daily activity, personal and domestic duties within living areas to keep them clean and habitable
- Assisting in helping our clients access daily services and annual holidays
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Confident to manage behaviours that may challenge
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to work shifts (including weekends)
- Driver essential and must hold a UK clean driving licence
Please apply online now or call 01903 716619 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.