Baston House is an independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism rated as good by Ofsted with outstanding provision for pupils' personal development. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and diversity of challenging attributes. Based in Bromley, Kent, Baston House School is within easy reach of Croydon, Sidcup, Forest Hill and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role of Occupational Therapist has responsibility of working with children individually in specialist treatment areas or within classroom or group based sessions, you will have a key role in shaping the way Occupational Therapy is delivered in our Service with a strong emphasis on sensory processing and motor development. You will be involved in the assessments of students with diverse presentations, identify their individual sensory, physical, social and environmental needs. You will also be supporting the development and delivery of individualised intervention programmes to help learning and to enable meaningful engagement in activities, social interaction and relationships. You will model standards of best practice and the principles of Clinical Governance within your professional activities.
Offered on a 9 month fixed term maternity cover full time basis, 37.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year), this role would suit a qualified Occupational Therapist with knowledge of ASD or similar.
In brief, your role will involve:
- Providing accurate assessment to recommend and provide best course of intervention
- Formulating and delivering on individual Occupational Therapy intervention programmes, using your knowledge of evidence based practice and intervention options and using clinical assessment, reasoning and intervention skills to include motor, sensory and visual perceptual assessments.
- Evaluating client progress, reassessing and altering intervention programmes as required
- Representing the occupational therapy service or individual clients at multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the delivery of integrated occupational therapy intervention by discussing client care, progress and involvement in transition planning
Key Skills Required
- HCPC Registered
- Experience of working with our specific client group.
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
- Experience of representing occupational therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency treatment and care
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please apply online now or call Alison Lavender on 020 84621010 for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.