Baston House is an independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism rated as good by Ofsted with outstanding provision for pupils' personal development. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and diversity of challenging attributes. Based in Bromley, Kent, Baston House School is within easy reach of Croydon, Sidcup, Orpington and surrounding towns.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Lead Speech and Language Therapist, you will line manage and professionally supervise a small team of Speech and Language Therapists whilst working as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team. Taking the lead in the development of diverse, effective and innovative approaches you will provide advice and guidance to your team whilst also providing Speech and Language Therapy to our children and young people, ensuring their well-being and best interests at all times.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary £35,136 - £40,620 depending on experience
The following criteria we are looking for a senior speech and language therapist are:
- We need you to lead to help us create the right environments for our children and young people; environments which will help them feel safe enough to maximise their relationships and learning opportunities.
- Lead to help us understand our children and young people’s sensory needs.
- Lead to help us make adaptions in our living and learning with, so our children and young people can flourish.
- We need you to lead to help others understand our children and young people’s needs through training, consultation, modelling and mentoring.
In return we offer:
- Support with CPD and professional registration costs
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Company Pension Scheme and benefits
Key Skills Required
- Qualified Speech & Language Therapist with at least three years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience with our specialist client group
- Knowledge of a range of assessment tools and evidence of skilled application
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services
- Experience of teaching and training
- Knowledge of sensory differences
- Hold HCPC registration
Please apply online now or call Alison Lavender 020 8462 1010 for further information.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.