Options Barton is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home providing a specialist service for up to 38 children and young people aged 8 to 19 who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition and complex learning difficulties. We make a difference to the lives of the students we support, helping them to succeed personally, academically and socially. We are proud to employ over a hundred passionate and committed staff who deliver high-quality care, education and therapy every day. We are within commuting distance of Barton, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
The Deputy Manager is a key position within the service, reporting directly to the Registered Manager. The Deputy is required to take full responsibility for the management of the Children’s Home in the absence of the Registered Manager and to ensure that the highest quality of care and support is provided to all children within the home whilst ensuring the home and staff work in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working a rota pattern, plus on-call duties, flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the business.
Your day to day duties as Deputy Manager will involve:
- Supervising care staff and take charge of the Home in absence of the Registered Manager and ensure the Home meets the Regulatory Body requirements at all times
- Safeguard Service Users within the Home and take lead on safeguarding issues in absence of the Registered Manager
- Work with the team and ensure that referrals and applications are made as and when necessary
- Work positively and effectively with relatives, advocated and others involved with the Service Users
- Provide direct care and supervision, as required, to Service Users in the home
Key Skills Required
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) Wales (or equivalent)
- Willingness to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) Wales (or equivalent)
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage both teams and individuals
- Good knowledge of safeguarding procedures and relevant Regulatory body regulations
Please apply online now or call 01652 631280 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.