Options Barton is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. We provide care to children and young people with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties. Based in Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, we are within easy reach of Barton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
Reporting to the Deputy to the Registered Manager, the role of House Manager has responsibility for shift management across both days and nights teams, supervising and motivating a team of Support Workers and Team Leaders as well as supporting the strategic development of the home alongside the senior management team.
You will ensure appropriate activities are organised, the behaviour is managed effectively and all relevant care plans are in place and being adhered to.
This role is offered on a full-time basis covering a variety of shifts working 40 hours a week.
Your duties as a House Manager would include:
- Lead and supervise the staff on shift to ensure that they carry out their duties and behave appropriately at all times
- Undertake agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Oversee and ensure all staff are effectively managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Support and supervise children with daily tasks and skills, ensuring that all the relevant personal, pathway plans are in place, accurate and up to date
Key Skills Required
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people with ASD or challenging behaviour
- Relevant experience of motivating, supervising and appraising staff
- Effective leadership and time management skills
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Driving licence preferred, but not essential
Please apply online now or call 01652 631280 for further information
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note, we are interviewing immediately for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.