Hillcrest Ash House is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health needs. The 3 bed residential home, set in a rural location in Wolverhampton, offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents with a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. Hillcrest Ash House is within commutable distance from Walsall, Telford, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Stafford, Birmingham, Kidderminster and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Team Leader, you will supervise and motivate a team of Therapeutic Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands-on role to ensure the highest quality of care and support is offered to our young people. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans in accordance with the individual needs of our children and young people to ensure that key life and independent skills are achieved in the enriching and positive environment we strive to create. Supervisory experience in a residential setting is, therefore, a requirement for the role, the ideal candidate will have previous professional experience in a similar post.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds the required experience and is looking for a new opportunity. This role is offered on a full-time basis working on a 1 on 2 off shift pattern, plus sleep-in duties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertaking agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting young people’s emotional needs
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing challenging behaviours
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent qualification)
- Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity in a similar provision
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.