Hillcrest Children Services are national providers of therapeutic residential and educational settings for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our services provide stable, secure and supportive environments in which the children within our care can have enriching personal development and growth. All the Residential and Education provisions are supported by a designated Clinical Team which offers highly specialised assessments and consultations. We are within commuting distance of Weston Park, Stafford, Wolverhampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established and dedicated care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff may also be involved in participating in a range of activities which may include swimming, athletics, camping, ice skating, bowling and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis with flexible shifts available working either a 1 on 2 off shift pattern or 2 on 4 off shift pattern.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 for more information
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams