Hillcrest Oathill Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 12-16 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 7 bedded home, set in a rural location in Oxfordshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Oathill Lodge is within commutable distance from Banbury, Charlbury, Kingham, Oxford, Bicester, Aylesbury and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a BANK Residential Care Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the care and mentoring of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. As part of the Bank team you will be called at short notice to cover annual leave, training and sickness along with other various needs of the company. This is the perfect role for someone who cannot commit fully to a set amount of hours each week but is passionate and holds experience in supporting Children & Young People with challenging behaviours.
This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Providing positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required
- You must hold or be willing to work towards a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care are therefore his post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.