Options Malvern View is a well-established, specialist autism residential service. Following a period of assessment, the people we support are offered individualised programmes to enable them to fulfil their potential for independence. Our Residents have complex needs and may present with behaviours that challenge. Based at Hanley Castle in Worcestershire we are within easy travelling distance of Worcester, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham and Gloucester.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role of Senior Specialist Occupational Therapist reports to the Clinical Lead and has responsibility for managing a specialist Occupational Therapy service to adults with autism and learning difficulties. Your role will involve undertaking assessments of our adults with diverse presentations to identify their individual sensory, physical, social and environmental needs. You will support the development and delivery of individualised intervention programmes to help to learn and to enable meaningful engagement in activities, social interaction and relationships.
This role is offered on a permanent, part-time basis, working 3 days a week. The role would suit a qualified Occupational Therapist with knowledge of ASD or similar.
In brief, your role will involve:
- Providing evidence-based assessments and recommend the best course of intervention, developing comprehensive transition
- Formulating and delivering on individual Occupational Therapy intervention programmes, using your knowledge of evidence-based practice and intervention options and using clinical assessment, reasoning and intervention skills to include motor sensory cognitive/perceptual assessments
- Evaluating client progress, reassessing and altering intervention programmes as required
- Representing the occupational therapy service or individual clients at multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the delivery of integrated occupational therapy intervention by discussing client care, progress and involvement in transition planning
Key Skills Required
- HCPC Registered
- Experience of working with our specific client group.
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
- Experience of representing occupational therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency treatment and care
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.