Hillcrest Moorlands is a specialist 6 bed residential children’s home specifically designed to meet the needs of young girls & boys, age 7-18 years, with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situation close to Stoke on Trent, Moorlands provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Newcastle-under-Lyme, Hanley, Tunstall, Stafford, Crewe, Macclesfield and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Team leader you will supervise and motivate a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality of care and support is offered to our children. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans in accordance with the individual needs of our young people to ensure that key life and independent skills are achieved in the enriching and positive environment we strive to create.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who already holds the required experience and is looking for the opportunity to step up to Team Leader. This role is offered on a full-time basis working a 2 on / 4 off shift pattern, plus sleep in duties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertaking agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs
- Contributing towards maintaining a safe, warm and homely environment
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Managing challenging behaviours
Key Skills Required
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent qualification) essential
- Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity, ideally in a residential setting
- Experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the job
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 for more information
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams