Hillcrest Eyton House is an Ofsted registered 6 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children aged 8-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Weston- under-Lizard, Eyton House provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Telford, Cannock, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Team leader you will supervise and motivate a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality of care and support is offered to our Residents. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans in accordance with the individual needs of our children and young people to ensure that key life and independent skills are achieved in the enriching and positive environment we strive to create. Supervisory experience in a residential setting is therefore a requirement for the role, an ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ professional history in a similar post.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds the required experience and is looking for a new opportunity. This role is offered on a full-time basis working on a 2 on, 4 off shift pattern, plus sleep in duties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertaking agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs
- Contributing towards maintaining a safe, warm and homely environment
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing challenging behaviours
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity in a similar provision
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 9980 441 for more information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.