Hillcrest Manor House School is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education campus which is set in the picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School is a DfE registered independent school which offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Teaching Assistant for Manor House School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time/ permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behavior
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to or be will to work towards an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistant (or have an equivalent qualification)
- Maths and English Language GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of the current national curriculum
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging behavior
- Ideally, hold a full UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.