Options Dorset are looking to recruit a Bank Support Worker to join our team in the Bournemouth, Poole or Christchurch. We support adults with learning disabilities in their own home and as a business, we provide services to a range adults and children with a diagnosis of Autism and Learning Disabilities and employ c2000 staff across the UK. We are also within commuting distance of Boscombe, Westbourne, and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly
Job Summary and Duties
Supporting adults in their own home with profound learning disabilities, physical needs and limited mobility, this role involves a variety of duties such as assisting with day to day living and full personal care. Additionally accessing the community by car or public transport, the role of Bank Support Worker could involve swimming, shopping, and attending local events! The position would therefore suit a proactive and confident individual who is physically fit as moving and handling is involved, including hoisting.
This position is offered on a bank contract where you have the opportunity to choose your hours against our available shifts. These could include both weekends and sleep-in duties.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Car drivers are preferred however this is not essential.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and full personal care
- Using a variety of moving and handling techniques
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Physically fit and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Car drivers are preferred however not essential
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
If your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.