Options Dorset are looking to recruit a Female Night Support Worker to join our team in the Poole area. We support adults with learning disabilities in their own home and as a business, we provide services to a range adults and children with a diagnosis of Autism and Learning Disabilities and employ c2000 staff across the UK. We are also within commuting distance of Broadstone, Branksome, Westbourne, Bournemouth, Holton Heath and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Night Support Worker, your role will involve supporting our female service user within her own home who has learning disabilities and complex needs. The role of Night Support Worker has the responsibility to ensure our service user are offered a safe environment whilst making sure their needs are attended to (please note, you will be expected to stay awake for the duration of the shift). This role would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual, with or without previous experience.
This is a permanent, part time position offered between 30 - 40 hours per week. You will be working a minimum of 3 waking night shifts per week between 21:15pm to 7:15am. Please note that your working nights will vary weekly.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Support learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Offer assistance to service users to fulfil all personal care needs
- Develop personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Use a variety of moving and handling techniques
- Report and record all key aspects of care
(Due to the nature of this post Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 applies. Applicants must be female only).
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to work shifts and complete sleep-in duties
- Hold a full, UK clean driving licence
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
If your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.