Do you want to make a difference to the lives of young people?
Are you resilient, reliable and ready for a challenge?
Job Title: Care Home Administrator
Hours: 15 hours a week, covering 5 days a week (Monday - Friday)
About the Group
Pathway Care Residential is part of the Outcomes First Group, the UK’s largest independent children services group. Pathway comprises of 19 homes throughout the UK, with new homes opening in 2020!
We deliver high quality, person- focused residential care to young people from the age of eight upwards. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the role
To provide administrative and clerical functions ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely way and in compliance with the requirements of the Acorn group. All staff contribute to the provision of a supportive, caring, learning environment.
- Must be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to satisfy enhanced DBS check that there are no impediments to working with children
- Must possess a full clean driving licence
- Empathy with young people particularly those with additional special needs
- Able to manage and respect confidential matters
- Seeks opportunities for personal development
- Committed to achieving equality of opportunity
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Must be experienced and accomplished in the use of office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Have a minimum of two years in an office environment
- Excellent customer care skills
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Able to deal with enquiries, correspondence and reports dealing with complex educational and professional issues
- Good standard of presentation and inter-personal skills – able to act as a reliable and effective first point of contact.
- Manage and prioritise their workload
- Sound organisational and planning skills and a flexible approach
Why work for us?
Be part of the UK’s largest independent children’s services group and receive:
- Career progression opportunities
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Enrich and improve the lives of our young people
- An interesting and varied career
Pathway Care Residential are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.