Salary: up to £16,000 per annum
Location: Belmont School – Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire.
Hours: 8.00am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Holidays - term time only, may be asked to work up to 10 days during school holidays.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a professional, organised and enthusiastic School Administrator to join our close-knit team at Belmont School in Rossendale.
About the School
Belmont is an independent specialist day school for boys 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of the young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The school is seeking to appoint a School Administrator to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. Responsible to the Designated Safeguarding Lead, you will be an enthusiastic, flexible and organised individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced School Administrator. Whilst experience within an SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream school or other professional setting. Further training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
- Liaise with Parents, Local Authorities and other external agencies on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date pupil records.
- Organise and produce paperwork for Pupils Annual Reviews under the direction of the Deputy SENCo.
- Carry out general administration duties including photocopying, checking the main school emails, sending letters etc.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy school office.
- To have professional integrity and discretion in relation to the overall function of the school, staff and pupils’ confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressure
- Experience of working in a busy office.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office Packages
- Have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Commitment to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people
- Fully enhanced DBS and satisfactory references
- Full driving licence
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals
This position is due to commence mid-January or as soon after (subject to approved reference/DBS checks). Full Job description is attached.
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Kelly Walden at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to visit the school for an informal look around, please contact the school on 01706 221043.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.
Please complete the application form in full with no gaps of employment from the age of 16 years.