Are you looking to start a new job in the New Year? Do you want to make a difference? Do you like to support and care for children, young people and adults?
The Shires and The Grange are hiring now and we are hosting an Open Day!
These two residential Schools, based in Oakham, are looking for Support Workers to join our new and existing teams to help our Children, young people and adults make their way in the world.
We are holding an Open Day on 11th December between 9:30 - 17:30.
The morning will include:
- An information session about the job
- A question and answer session with current staff
- A safer recruitment session
- The opportunity for candidates to fill in an application form
If candidates would like to proceed with their application, we will be holding interviews in the afternoon. If you are unable to stay for the interview, we will ensure you are booked in for a different day before you leave.
About the Company
These sites are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 23 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Job
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive?
The Shires is a 52-week Residential School where children and young people with Autism and associated complex behaviours and needs are educated and cared for by our multi-disciplinary team. We also have an Adult provision where we give adults as much responsibility as possible and work with them to dream big and achieve their potential.
The Grange is a term- time Residential School which supports children and young people aged between 7 and 18 who have social emotional and mental health needs or high functioning autism.
Our vacancies are:
- Day Support workers (The Shires) to work with the children between 07:00- 21:00 on a rolling 2 day on, 2 days off rota. Salary between £20,111 to £21,294
- Adult support workers (The Shires), hours between 08:00-21:00, 4 days on, 4 off. Salary between £18,767.32 - £19,871.28
- Adult Night support workers (The Shires), hours between 21:00- 08:00, 4 Nights on, 4 off
- Day Support Worker- Term Time (The Grange and The Shires) Up to 21,000 pro rota
During these hours you will be working with the children and adults within their day to day lives; Cook with them, play games and do activities, help them within their day and night routines and assist with any problems or personal care needs they may have. A key responsibility is to Safeguard all who are in our care and ensure they are healthy and cared for.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and adults and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training opportunities
- Opportunity for Internal Promotion
- Potential overtime
- Free meals, Parking and Uniform
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement
- Life insurance
- Social activities
- Funded NVQ 3 qualification
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.