Pathway Care Residential is part of the Outcomes First Group, the UK’s largest independent children services group. Pathway comprises of 19 homes throughout the UK, with new homes opening in 2020!
We deliver high quality, person- focused residential care to young people from the age of eight upwards. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we have opportunities for a Driver to support our team and transportation of our young people in the Nottinghamshire and local surrounding areas.
You will work on a part time basis transporting young people at some of the settings to and from education. The hours of work will be approximately between 7am - 10am and 2.30pm - 5pm, however this could vary dependent upon the young people that you are transporting on the day. It will be on a rota basis and the hours would be agreed in advance. It will be term time working.
You would need access and use of your own car for the role.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- The vehicle and the safety and security of passengers at all times and maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicle whilst in their charge.
- Assisting passengers on/off the vehicle if appropriate.
- Liaising with homes managers to maximise availability for work and ensuring that transport appointments are kept at all times.
- Reporting issues of vehicle damage, hazards and risks, cleanliness concern or relevance to the company as soon as possible.
- Following all of Pathway Care Residential the policies and procedures at all times.
- Adhering to the Highway Code and being personally responsible for any traffic and parking violations whilst in charge of the vehicle.
- Any other driving duties consistent with post as requested by a member of the team.
Why work for us?
Be part of the UK’s largest independent children’s services group and receive:
- Career progression opportunities
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Enrich and improve the lives of our young people
- An interesting and varied career
- You will be paid hourly
- Employee Rewards Scheme
- Your Wellbeing Matters
Pathway Care Residential are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Keywords: support work / care worker / social work / residential care / childcare / support worker / care jobs / care home / childcare worker